The Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin are awarding 10 “New to Moo” Dairy Farm Tour grants to 4th grade classrooms and teachers. Selected applicants will receive:
- A stipend to cover the costs of transportation, farm tour entry fees, and a dairy snack for each student (up to $1,000)
- Souvenir dairy farm tour SWAG Bag
- Dairy Farm Tour with 72nd Alice in Dairyland, Abigail Martin
This grant opportunity is available for 4th grade classes who do not currently participate in planned dairy farm tours and have a desire to enhance their curriculum with a tour of a Wisconsin Dairy Farm. Applicants may include multiple 4th grade classrooms from a single school and/or district. Three (3) grants will be reserved for schools located in an urban geographic area.
- Applications due on February 28, 2020
- Selected applicants will be notified by March 15, 2020
- Tours take place during the weeks of April 13-17, April 27-May 1, or May 19-22